An interesting object located in the city is a water tower built in 1905. The tower is made in the style of railway buildings, the shape of its foundation is unusual - not round, but elliptical. The tower has a white brick frame with red brick inserts. The upper part is wooden. There is a memorial plaque in honor of the crew of the Pe-2 bomber.
The church of Alexander Nevsky in Volosovo was founded in 1902. The temple is built of wood, the size is not large, the belfry is nearby. During the war, the temple was partially destroyed, but worship services were still held in it.
The Folk History and Local Lore Museum, founded in 1973, contains 5 rooms with expositions on the history and ethnography of the district. There is an exhibition dedicated to the fate and exploits of the inhabitants during the Great Patriotic War.
Volosovo and its attractions
The city of Volosovo (Leningrad Oblast) was considered an excellent place for summer vacations from the end of the 19th century, when many important St. Petersburg officials, professors, cultural workers and manufacturers began to build cottages there. Today, having rented a house for a day in Volosovo, tourists will see many interesting architectural monuments and enjoy the magnificent scenery of West Ingermanland, as these lands were once called.
Top Attractions (191)
The monument to Arina Rodionovna Yakovleva was opened in her homeland on May 27, 2010 in the village of Voskresenskoye. The monument is cast in bronze and is a sculptural image of Arina Rodionovna 1.6 meters high, which stands next to the future genius of Russian poetry.
On the territory of two neighboring districts, Gatchinsky and Luga, between four settlements: Mshinsky, Chashchey, Torkovichi and Divenskaya, the federal complex reserve Mshinsky swamp is located.
In the small village of Torosovo is the famous Wrangel manor. It is known from history that the Wrangelian clan is an ancient clan of the Scandinavian barons. During the Civil War, his representative became known - the so-called "black baron", Wrangel Pyotr Nikolayevich - lieutenant general, as well as commander in chief of all the Armed forces of the southern part of Russia, or the All-Union Federal League of Forces.
Monument V.A. Vsevolozhsky was opened in Vsevolozhsk in 2009. Vsevolod Andreevich Vsevolozhsky was considered one of the richest people in Russia. He was also called the St. Petersburg Croz. He was the Astrakhan vice-governor, the real chamberlain, retired guard captain, state adviser, organizer of the first ship in our country.
The monument to the legendary “one and a half” was unveiled on Rumbolovskaya Mountain on January 27, 2012, on the 68th anniversary of the lifting of the siege of Leningrad in Vsevolozhsk, at 10 km of the Road of Life, directly opposite the Cathedral of the Savior Not Made by Hand Image.
The Vyarimyanselka Ridge Integrated Nature Reserve is an important protected natural area located in the Priozersky District of the Leningrad Region, which is 4 km north of the village of Michurinskoye and one km from the village of Yagodnoye.
One of the most important roles in the history of the Karelian Isthmus was played by the Korela fortress. The famous stone fortress is located on the banks of the Vuoksa River in the city of Priozersk, Leningrad Region. Today, the Korela fortress, which occupies the small island of Vuoksa, is a historical museum of local lore under the name "Korela Fortress".
Borshchovsky caves located in the Leningrad region near the small village of Oredezh are the most famous among the many quarries of this region. Almost all quarries in this area owe their appearance to the numerous sandstone deposits that originally served for the extraction of white quartz sand, which is used in the manufacture of glass.
St. George the Victorious Cathedral is located in the village of Staraya Ladoga, Volkhov District. It was built during the reign of Mstislav the Great in Novgorod. Then it was decorated with frescoes that have survived to our days (with the help of the skill of restorers).
Monrepos landscape park was created from the XVIII century. Now it is a picturesque park on several islands with numerous park pavilions, bridges, ponds and gazebos. The 18th-century manor house houses a museum dedicated to the history of the estate.
Near the Siverskaya station, which is located not far from Gatchina, is the Druzhnoselye estate - the former estate of Count Wittgenstein. At the end of the 18th century, by the grace of Emperor Paul I, two teachers of the Smolny Institute, the sisters Carolina and Elizabeth Zelbereisen, took possession of several villages in the Rozhdestvensky volost, two of which were renamed in their honor: Burnout - in Elizavethof, and Rakitna - in Karolingof.
“Cancer Lakes” - a state nature reserve of regional importance, created in 1976. The reserve is located between the villages of Klimovo, Streltsovo and Granitnoye, 40 km southeast of Vyborg.
In our country, the largest number of nature reserves and complexes carry regional significance, thereby being the property, as a protected object, of the Russian Federation.
Rumbolovskaya Gora is a memorial included in the Green Belt of Glory, erected by the workers of the Frunze district of the city of Leningrad on the Road of Life in 1967 in Vsevolozhsk. The memorial is located on the slope of a high sandy mountain.
In the Vyborgsky district of the Leningrad region there is a state reserve “Ozernoye Swamp” - a large swamp massif and the nearby lakes and watersheds. A swamp formed on the site of the outlier lake that was overgrown in these places.
In the Leningrad Region, not far from Vsevolzhsk, on the 3rd kilometer of the Road of Life, a memorial complex called the “Flower of Life” was opened in 1968. It is dedicated to children who died in the besieged Leningrad.
The monument to Paul I was erected in front of the Gatchina Palace on August 1, 1851, and, in fact, is an unofficial symbol of the city, which can often be seen on the covers of books and souvenirs associated with Gatchina.
Initially, the estate was called "Borovoe" - according to its location in a pine forest, the second name - "Lviv" - it received by the name of the owner - Prince George Alexandrovich Lvov. Born in 1879.
Sivoritsy - the former estate of the Demidovs in the Gatchina district, located near the village of Nikolskoye. Several centuries ago, the village of Zhivorichi was located at this place, the first mention of which dates back to 1499.
The main attraction and architectural dominant of modern Vyborg is a real medieval castle of the XIII century on Castle Island. Strong walls, a high dungeon with an observation deck, exhibitions and museum exhibits - all this invariably attracts many tourists here.
Church of Alexander Nevsky
The main attraction of the city of Volosovo is considered to be the square near the Rodnik City Leisure Center, where tourists who come to the city are not fit to go for a walk. Celebrations on the occasion of all-Russian holidays are organized on the square, and on ordinary days local residents and guests of the city relax here.
Another attraction of Volosovo is the Water Tower, which has become a leader in the number of people who want to be photographed against its background. The main museum of the city is the Volosovo Folk History and Local Lore Museum, which presents 5 exhibits on the life and development of the city, the deeds of its local residents and the existence of the city during the Great Patriotic War.
The next, no less important attraction of Volosovo is the picturesque Museum-Estate of N. Roerich, where the great Russian artist and an active public figure, Nikolai Konstantinovich Roerich, spent part of his life. Not far from Volosovo there is a beautiful estate of the 18th-19th centuries "Redkino" with a lush flowering garden and magnificent architectural construction. In the nearest villages there are other famous estates well known to lovers of antiquity and architecture: Maryino, Kempolovo, Kalitino, Sumino and some others.
Among the attractions of Volosovo, it is impossible not to mention magnificent temples, including the Church of Alexander Nevsky of the 20th century and the Kurkovitsky Nunnery. In the neighboring village is located no less remarkable Lutheran church.